The main aims and objectives of the Institute are as follows:-
- To undertake the training of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and other such professionals needed for providing services to the disabled persons.
- To offer education, training, work-adjustment and such other rehabilitation services as the society may deem fit to orthopaedically disabled persons with or without associated mental retardation.
- To undertake the manufacturing and distribution of such aids and appliances as are needed for the education, training and rehabilitation of the disabled persons.
- To provide such other services as may be considered appropriate for promoting the education and rehabilitation of the disabled persons, including organizing meetings, seminars and symposia.
- To undertake, initiate, sponsor or stimulate research aimed at developing more effective techniques for the education and rehabilitation of the disabled persons.
- To co-operate with national, regional or local agencies in research or such other activities as may be designed to promote the development of services for the disabled persons.
- To undertake or sponsor such publications as may be considered appropriate.
- To do such other things as may be necessary or incidental to the realization of the above objectives.